Dr Paquita de Zulueta
MBChir. MA (Cantab). MA Medical Ethics & Law. DRCOG. MRCP. FRCGP. PGDipCBT.
Paquita qualified in medicine at Cambridge University in 1978 and worked in hospital medicine before qualifying as a GP in 1984
She now works part time as an NHS GP and as a private Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT).
What is CBT? http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cognitive-behavioural-therapy/Pages/Introduction.aspx
In 2008 Paquita completed with Merit a Postgraduate Diploma in CBT validated by Royal Holloway, University of London. She provides CBT for clients combined with mindfulness and compassion focused therapy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassion_focused_therapy. She is eligible for BABCP accreditation.
Paquita has the ILM Diploma in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring and provides stand-alone coaching for clients or as an additional element to therapy. She has an interest in the mental health of healthcare professionals and acquired the RCGP Certificate in Healthcare for Health Professionals.
Teaching and training:
Paquita is actively involved in teaching medical ethics and law to undergraduates, postgraduates and established professionals. She is an honorary senior clinical lecturer at Imperial College. She runs emotional intelligence and resilience master classes for professionals.
Paquita has many years’ experience of working as a generalist and holistic practitioner and habitually works at the interface of the psychological and physical. Her areas of interest and expertise include:
- Anxiety disorders, including phobias, panic disorder, health anxiety, intrusive thoughts and Obsessional Compulsive Disorders
- Depression, including antenatal and postnatal depression
- Complicated grief, bereavement
- Coping with chronic disease, pain, infertility, and irritable bowel syndrome
- Maladaptive perfectionism and low self-esteem
- Resilience building and wellbeing
- Mindfulness and compassion focused therapy
- Personal and professional development
- Life coaching and leadership development